Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sewing project of the month (January): Celine inspired tote


It's finally finished. My project for JANUARY. The Celine inspired tote. As always there are little things you could improve next time. E.g. I used relatively soft leather for the upper part and the handles. It would have been better to use thicker leather like the pink one. But after all it turned out quite well! I have used one of my handbags for the pattern. You can see the pieces in the photo. I also added pink lining and an inner zipper pocket.

And YES! I love my new bag!

Here is the original Celine tote again:

On reviewing the original I must say the handles are much nicer than mine. So next time I'll try that style. But my handles are long enough to be worn over the shoulder which I find quite important.


2 comments:

Äääännies ...Machwerk said...

Halli Hallo,tollen Blog hast du!!!Werd öfters mal vorbei schaun!
Liebe Grüße von Oli:))

Ellen said...

Danke! Werde weiter fleissig sein.

Related Posts with Thumbnails